Tel.: +36-1 327-3811
Please note that the information below DOES NOT APPLY to participants of the "Green Industry" and the "Leadership and Management for Integrity" courses. Selected participants of this course will be informed about travel arrangement procedures in the acceptance letter (to be delivered between mid-April an mid-May).
Purchasing the ticket
Those receiving a travel grant need to book their ticket as soon as possible after notification. In most cases the amount of travel grant is less than the actual ticket price, and participants need to cover the difference from their own budget. This is why it is most important to make the ticket booking at the earliest date in order to secure the cheapest possible ticket. (In case participants have to decline their participation in the last-minute due to health or other reasons, they are personally liable for the costs of canceling their ticket. We cannot reimburse anyone for cancellation fees.)
Travel grants only cover economy flights between Budapest and the city of your residence. Other destinations can only be included if there is no direct flight between your city of departure and Budapest.
Due to restricted availability of flights to Budapest you may arrive earlier and/or depart later than the course check-in and/or check-out dates. Such tickets will also be accepted for reimbursements up to the amounts specified in the invitation letter.
Reimbursement policy for scholarship participants
- Recipients of a travel grant from SUN will be reimbursed in Budapest upon their arrival based on the granted amount of travel specified in the acceptance letter. Reimbursement will be made only up to the actual travel expenditure supported by the submitted documents.
- Shorter domestic trips and visa costs (including visa-related travel) are not reimbursed (unless specified otherwise in the Financial Information section of your course website).
- The travel grant amount will be returned to grant recipients in Budapest on arrival if they can submit valid documentation (see details below). If there is no sufficient documentation available, the original ticket has to be mailed back and reimbursement will be made via bank transfer or check.
- Necessary documents for reimbursement:
- the e-ticket with the ticket price indicated ( if the price is not indicated, an invoice is needed) AND the boarding pass, or
- an original invoice issued by the travel agency addressed to CEU 1051 Budapest Nador utca 9. or to your name, or
- the original travel ticket/s
Arrival and departure
Participants are expected to arrive the day before the course starts (e.g. if the course starts on Monday, the arrival day will be on Sunday) and depart the day after the last teaching day (e.g. if the last day of the course is a Friday, the departure day will be on Saturday).
If you plan to arrive/depart earlier or later than the above standard dates, you will be able to indicate this in the online Housing Form (links will be provided in the notification letter.)
For information on how to get from the iarport to your hotel please go to http://bit.ly/ZuI1lShttp://bit.ly/ZuI1lS
Airlines Flying to Budapest: